Wednesday, March 3, 2010

lights

I left the house in a hurry, stuffing an extra lense with my camera into my backpack. the only roll I thought I had left was 200 color. As I think of it I have some 400. Anyway the 200 was already in the camera. Night. 200 would not be enough and a telephoto would be dumb, unless I took pictures in the bar. I didn't. So, after the bar, at the T stop I had great views of the city, some snow flakes crossing, lights at the stop, lights along the tracks. Regrettably not enough light. I got frustrated and put the camera away and looked for a place to piss. It was at this time I decided in addition to keeping a notebook of what to photograph (and notes from past expeditions) I needed to keep a notebook of where to piss after drinking and on my way home. The T is a nightmare with a full bladder. Anyway after pissing this stop looked quite cool. The train came. I ended up in Copley Square. Street level, the bus was at the red light and I was thinking it must be leaving early. No it was 2 minutes late already. So...now I had a full roll of film and time. I went into the bus shelter and removed the doubler I had on the lens so I could go wide. Ahh...the lights on the front of the Boston Public Main Library were almost enough. I used the 2 bronze statues in front to frame these massive chandelier type lights. Always just barely enough light. Note to self, 400 or above for any outdoor shooting at night, and probably the same if I want to add the doubler. A whole role of film of lights, just those lights. Framed by the staues, sometimes on their own. I'd like to get to brick soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment