Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Good German

Ohhh I so love Cate Blanchett. Oddly enough she is my age. Maybe I didn't need to know that. I try to not feel as if I am behind where I need to be in life. This movie is particularly interesting. It reminds me of North by Northwest because of how it was filmed. Some of it was obviously a set, some was a set imposed over still shots or some such, green screen I guess. Some was old footage. I would like to do a movie someday, and I would like it to look like a 70s movie. I walk around boston looking at walls and houses and streets. Old things, thinking to myself what could be filmed where. What still looks like it did back in the 70's. Bus garages, stone walls suffering from neglect. These are the best. When some weeds and grass grow over an old stone wall it looks timeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment