Sunday, February 21, 2010

yellow rose

It used to be called T's. On Commonwealth, by BU sort of. Well anyway now it is 936 or 937 os some such. Sort of the same. except back in the day when it was called T's it was sort of a shine on a sneaker. Not a bad shine either. The staff wore vests and such. All drinks were served in beer mugs and the sneaker part? the price...I cannot remember now but it was cheap. To boot, one night I was in there and some BU kids came in and one of them spit on the floor. The host or some staff person kindly asked then to leave.

Tonite it was a hige hickey game. US versus Canada, Olympics.

I didn't pay much attention. Except towards the end.

Tonite I finished a show. Russian in essence (but written in english). I did not get any flowers and did not tell any friends (that might come anyway) about the show. No gifts, no special applause. Bah..

Tonite I think bricks. Bricks. Last night I saw Shutter Island. Supposedly filmed in Boston Harbor. I have my doubts. I saw it with my brother. We sort of thought of places where it might have been filmed around Boston but bah...Pacific Northwest or Maine maybe. Then the mind...

I got the yellow rose from the director. Funny thing there were red tints to the rose and no pricks on the stem. Odd...One always knows that roses have pricks, even though pricks have no roses. perhaps we bonded because she has a thing for her roommate. I told her how her roommate would handle things. He would bang her given the opportunity, then, when his GF found out or he decided to call it quits, he would need some space. Meaning she would be second burner till he got his fill of other pussy.

Of the few of us there someone (another actress) declared, that I am not a "total pig". Funny hiw guys like me with some morals will be branded pigs but the guys who will be in a relationship and then find somehow that they are unfulfilled etc will bang other chicks. Somehow misunderstood. The thanks I get for respecting marriage rings. Old advice, do the right thing always, don't expect anyone to thank you.

But last night. Bricks. I hang out with...umm...no not last night..that was Shutter Island, and I talked to my brother about where it was filmed and the mind. The night before was drinking with cast. I got stuck out of town on mass transit, got to Cambridge late and there was no more southbound Red Line. So, I took the number 1 bus as it got me over the Charles, and then half guessed a point close enough for me to walk (about 2 miles). So, I walked from Melnea Cass to Southie. Through Andrew Square. I guess I had done this walk before sort of but not ever this close to the Old Colony Projects. It was quiet, eery. I walked by so many parts of it that had not ever really changed for maybe 30-40 years. In spite of it being not the warmest nite, all the common doors were open. I cannot imagine this to making it warmer. No. I could see through many hallways from one side to the other. The open doors made it less noisy I imagine. Drug runners, the psychotics, the regular drunks who didn't want to wake anyone, and then, anyone else who wanted to run east to west without opening a door too.

There were many nice cars parked there suggesting the neighborhood had changed and then also lots of broken window glass, more than I would expect.

Bricks, Small, old, medium sort of old, Old Colony old but new but old too. See they were used on the red line to make the stations pretty back in the day but they are buried now. Shutter island had the same big bricks on the interior for the interrogation scenes.

I asked all that were with me tonite about their dreams and then admitted I would write a screenplay about my youth there. Lukewarm response...

No comments:

Post a Comment